Monday, September 27, 2010

When a family needs help

I have found recently that there are many options when times are tough. Xcel energy, CenterPoint Energy and other utility companies have information for organizations they may be able to take the edge of these monthly bills. I don't know the parameters (what income qualifies) but when a family is in need it is worth a try.

The best contact on my quest was the united way. They have information for area resources that cover just about every need you could imagine.

(800) 543-7709 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (800) 543-7709      end_of_the_skype_highlighting  Alternative Number
(651) 291-0211 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (651) 291-0211      end_of_the_skype_highlighting  Alternative Number
211  Call 2-1-1 from service area
2-1-1 information and referral service for the following counties in Minnesota: Anoka, Big Stone, Blue Earth, Brown, Carver, Chippewa, Chisago, Cottonwood, Dakota, Faribault, Hennepin, Isanti, Jackson, Lac Qui Parle, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Pipestone, Ramsey, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Scott, Sibley, Swift, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, and Yellow Medicine. Also serves the following counties in Wisconsin: Pierce, Polk and St. Croix.
Friendly, courteous and accurate information.  They have referrals for spouses in danger, children at risk as well as many other things. 

Never be afraid to ask for help. Don't wait until you are desperate.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have been following your other blog and love it. Please fix the comments thing on it though. It drives me crazy when I cannot comment. Thanks Maggie! Your posts are brilliant!